Bathroom faucet is a great bathroom accessory in the bathroom. They come in different styles, shapes, designs and finishes. There are varieties of options that are available in the market for bathroom faucets. They are reasonably priced and also conserve water. When buying a new faucet a number of things need to be considered like size of the bathroom, features of the faucet, budget etc.
The different types of bathroom faucet
- Single hole faucets: These are the simplest type of faucets. They have a single lever and combine the mixing handle and the spout. They are preferred for smaller sinks.
- Center set faucet: They have either two mounted handles or a single lever. They are ideal almost for all bathrooms.
- Widespread mounts: They comprise of three pieces including a spout and two handles. They are suitable for larger bathrooms as they require space.
- Wall mount faucets: These have now become very popular with the vessel type or freestanding sinks. They have a larger spout.
Tips to select the best faucet for your bathroom
- Check all the finishes that are available and then select appropriately.
- Try to complement all the faucets in different bathrooms. Also match the faucet with the other fixtures like handles, hooks, lighting etc. in the bathroom.
- Polished faucets look classy but require maintenance and cleaning.
- Brushed finished faucets are best if one has kids and are also helpful in hiding water spots and fingerprints marks.
- Check the size of the sink and then purchase accordingly.